Tuesday 16 January 2007

Hamish's Birthday cardi

Hamish, my friend and colleague, Isabel's little boy. He was 3 on 15th January, and there has been a bit of pressure to get the cardi finished in time. By a stroke of luck H & I have been away in London and the cardi is now wrapped and ready to to hand over on Thursday when Isabel gets back to work.

It has turned out rather well, it is the checkerboard pattern from Debbie Bliss, in green merino aran with lovely Rowan metal buttons. I think it will suit Hamish's colouring and auburn hair really well.

I can now turn attention to the current WIP - a cable tank top for my daughter Tracy - who did a spot of 'commissioning' when she was here at Christmas. The colour will suit her vey well, although I do want to escape green knitting soon!

No comments: