Wednesday 1 August 2007

Too busy to blog!


I couldn't wait to start the Marion Foale, I had been so keen to do the pattern since it appeared in Woma's Weekly. Gald I bought the correct yarn; it has great texture and stitch definition and a beautiful drape. It is growing quite fast too.


I also learned that there was an article in the July Good Housekeeping on Marion Foale and a 'want it now' search on Ebay produced a copy. A very helpful lady called Rhian in Wales posted it to me and we had some very pleasant exchanges of emails.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I realize this post was a long while ago, but can you tell me which month of Woman's Weekly the Marion Foale pattern (you were knitting it in July 2007) appeared in?

Thank you so much!
Jo

Joyce @ Alba Yarns said...

Hi Jo
It was in one of the June 2007 issues I think. I get the WW passed on from a friend (English language mags are well re-cycled here!), so not sure of the exact date, and the mag. has gone, but I still have the pattern. I will happily send it on to you if you will email me your address (sales@albayarns.com). The finished garment is one of my favourite knits and has been very much admired. Hope this helps, Joyce.