Thursday 26 February 2009

Filey waistcoat


I have been a bit of a traitor as I had a notion to do a bit of dressmaking ahead of the summer. I have produced three summer tops and a dress so far and have really been enjoying it. Most of the fabric has been sourced from the internet – yet to find the holy grail of fabric shops here in France, but will keep looking. The ones I have found are either very expensive of full of very nasty synthetic fabric.



Of course I cannot be without a knitting project and the next is a waistcoat in Rowan Summer Tweed in Cape which is planned for Gary’s birthday on 17th March. I might make the deadline? It featured in the new spring summer magazine and is called Filey and was designed by Erika Knight. I love Summer Tweed and there is something so organic about having to wind your balls before you start.

No comments: