Saturday 2 January 2010

Bonne année 2010


A quiet start to the new year. We did stay up to see the New Year arrive, and Gary had a peek out at the village fireworks, but it was quite wet and it dampened the effect somewhat.
The steak pie using the paleron was a huge success, I'm delighted to report. It was both tender and tasty.
This morning we went shopping at the Ste Foy market, but there were very few stalls and I have never seen it so quiet. It is bright and sunny, but very cold today and I have managed a bit of progress with my latest project as G playing petanque this afternoon. I did one of these tops for Tracy some time ago in black silk wool, and I generally never like to work a pattern twice. However, I really need something that is not a sweater, but is an extra warm layer. As this is in baby alpaca it will fit the bill perfectly.

No comments: