Tuesday 20 February 2007

A grand day out Grommit…..

Up at 4.45 is not much fun, but by 8.50 I was in the queue for registration at he NEC in Birmingham for the Craft, Hobby and Stitch International exhibition (not quite Harrods sale, but close…). My first experience of Eastern Airways direct service from Inverness to Birmingham, which was very slick and efficient.

What can I say about the show? It was immense – I sat and planned where to visit over a coffee, as the yarn stands were well spread out. I think I managed to visit all the yarn stands and quite a few others too. I came away laden with samples of brochures and made lots of new contacts. I will definitely have some new ranges arriving in the next few weeks – watch this space.

Around 17.00 my feet could stand no more and I set off back to the airport (what a great venue the NEC is, all linked by an indoor walkway). A bit of contemplative sock knitting while waiting for the flight home and back in the house by 21.00.

Wensleydale didn’t figure, but still a grand day out…………………..

(Wallace and Grommit fans will understand).

No comments: